What is asthma? Discredited asthma myths

Filed in: Diseases & Conditions.

Myths of asthma

Doctor holding the notebook standing next to files.

These are some of the many faces of asthma. Most researchers believe that different asthma patterns are related to a condition. Other researchers believe that there are separate lung conditions. There is currently no cure for asthma, and no exact cause has been identified. Therefore, it is vital to understand the changes that occur in asthma, how it makes you feel and how you can behave over time. This knowledge allows you to take an active role in your own medical care. Test your "asthma IQ" by performing the following true or false test:

Questionnaire on asthma myths – Question 1

1. True or false?
Asthma is "all in the mind".

Man holding the inhaler while having an asthma attack. "Src =" https://images.onhealth.com/images/slideshow/asthma_myths_quiz_s3_psychological.jpg

False:

Asthma is not a psychological condition. However, emotional triggers can cause outbreaks.

Asthma myths questionnaire – Question 2

2. True or false?
You will "grow up" from asthma.

Child using an asthma inhaler. "Src =" https://images.onhealth.com/images/slideshow/asthma_myths_quiz_s5_out_grow.jpg

False:

You can not overcome asthma. In about 50% of children with asthma, the condition can become inactive in adolescence. The symptoms, however, can recur at any time in adulthood.

Questionnaire on asthma myths – Question 3

3. True or false?
Asthma can be cured, so it is not serious and nobody dies because of it.

Boy reclining in a hospital bed breathing with an oxygen mask. "Src =" https://images.onhealth.com/images/slideshow/asthma_myths_quiz_s7_no_cure.jpg

False:

There is no cure for asthma, but the disease can be controlled in most patients with good medical care. The condition must be taken seriously, since uncontrolled asthma can lead to emergency hospitalization and possible death.

Asthma myths questionnaire – Question 4

4. True or false?
You are likely to develop asthma if someone in your family has it.

Mother helping her daughter with her asthma inhaler. "Src =" https://images.onhealth.com/images/slideshow/asthma_myths_quiz_s9_family.jpg

True:

Read Also  10-minute meals: Quick cooking tips

You have a 6% chance of having asthma if neither parent has the condition; 30% chance if one of the parents has it; and a 70% chance if both parents have it.

Asthma myths questionnaire – Question 5

5. True or false?
You can "catch" the asthma of another person who has it.

Woman with mask / filter to avoid catching the disease. "Src =" https://images.onhealth.com/images/slideshow/asthma_myths_quiz_s11_mask.jpg

False:

Asthma is not contagious.

Questionnaire on asthma myths – Question 6

6. True or false?
Moving to a different place, like the desert, can cure asthma.

Adobe style adobe house in the Arizona desert. "Src =" https://images.onhealth.com/images/slideshow/asthma_myths_quiz_s13_location.jpg

False:

A new environment may temporarily improve asthma symptoms, but it will not cure asthma. After a few years in the new location, many people are sensitized to the new environment, and the symptoms of asthma return with the same or even greater intensity than before.

Questionnaire on asthma myths – Question 7

7. True or false?
People with asthma should not exercise.

Boy swimming laps in a pool. "Src =" https://images.onhealth.com/images/slideshow/asthma_myths_quiz_s15_exercise.jpg

False:

Swimming is an optimal exercise for people with asthma. On the other hand, exercise in cold, dry air can be an asthma trigger in some people.

Questionnaire on asthma myths – Question 8

8. True or false?
Asthma does not require medical treatment.

Doctor who has an inhaler for asthma. "Src =" https://images.onhealth.com/images/slideshow/asthma_myths_quiz_s17_treatment.jpg

False:

Asthma is best controlled if you have an asthma management plan designed by your doctor that includes medications used for quick relief and those used as controllers.

Questionnaire on asthma myths – Question 9

9. True or false?
The medications used to treat asthma are addictive.

Woman with inhaler for asthma. "Src =" https://images.onhealth.com/images/slideshow/asthma_myths_quiz_s19_medication.jpg

False:

Medications for asthma are not addictive.

Questionnaire on asthma myths – Question 10

10. True or false?
Someone with asthma can trigger episodes at any time to get attention.

Man who claims to have an asthma attack. "Src =" https://images.onhealth.com/images/slideshow/asthma_myths_quiz_s21_asthma_attack.jpg

False:

Read Also  8 natural remedies for a better view that really work!

Asthma attacks can not be falsified.

Reference: https://www.onhealth.com/content/1/asthma_myths

You May Also Like:
Foods with proteins: how to balance proteins, carbohydrates and fats
50 ways to lose your love handles
How does your diet accumulate? According to a survey, many of us lack important nutrients By Elaine Magee, MPH, RD WebMD Weight Loss Clinic

Home remedy to treat constipation – lemon juice
Suffering from constipation? Here is a natural remedy that could do wonders. Constipation is no laughing matter, if left untreated, constipation can lead to

9 health benefits of amla or gooseberries that can keep you healthy!
Image of 9 amla or gooseberry health benefits that can keep you healthy!
The fact that almost all Ayurvedic preparations contain amla or gooseberries is not surprising. It is known that this humble fruit is a rich

How to drink less sugary soda
Eyes that choose an eye doctor
World lupus dayFact sheet on late-onset lupus World Lupus The day is celebrated annually on May 10. World Lupus Day focuses on the need

8 reasons for unexplained bruises on your body
picture for 8 reasons for unexplained contusions on your body
Do you hit yourself in places where you do not even remember hitting or hurting, and the bruise does not go away for months

Dyspepsia: the remorse of a guilty stomach
50 ways to lose your love handles
A Taste of Ireland: St. Patrick's Day Recipes Celebrate with these healthy versions of the comfort food classics. By Elaine Magee, MPH, RD Weight

Heartburn: causes, symptoms, remedies, treatments
A menu board in a restaurant.
Will eating this give me heartburn? To answer this question, we must first understand what heartburn is. It is a burning discomfort, usually in

20 products to make easy meals
50 ways to lose your love handles
Easy change of food Tired of the same as always, just as old for breakfast, lunch and dinner? You do not necessarily need a

Amazing reasons for weight gain
Person with a fat waist.
Why weight gain? The obvious reasons for weight gain are eating more calories than normal or reducing the amount of physical activity in your

Do you feel dizzy or dizzy right after eating? It could be a health problem!
image for Do you feel dizzy or dizzy right after eating? It could be a health problem!
Act soon, before your dizziness makes you faint and face a fatal accident. There may be times when you feel dizzy, light-headed, or nauseated


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *