Definitely, swimming is one of the most beautiful and effective sports that can be practiced both in the cool season and on hot summer days, aimed at all ages. From small children who dabble in addition to parents, to the elderly who, although they are difficult to move, go to the pool to feed a part of health, there is nobody who is not welcome in the world of swimming.
Swimming covers the basic needs of human beings in a good state for a complete training of the person in terms of motor, cognitive, emotional, physical condition of the improvement that drives the need to compete or for recreational purposes only. But swimming is not just about these things, it tends to be a basic and special need, like the needs of pregnant women, but also of patients with asthma, epilepsy or any physical or psychological dysfunction.
The biggest advantage of swimming is that the muscles and joints move without having to support any weight, which reduces the tension that existed in their level, which determines a minimum risk in terms of damage or injury. A clear example would be a person whose stress and daily weight, which contributes considerably to the force of gravity, has a great impact on the joints, especially the knees and hips. In water, however, this will not apply, since gravity is completely different.
All sports bring health benefits when practiced correctly. But swimming has, without a doubt, some special benefits that other aerobic exercises do not have. Here are some of them:
– It leads to an incredible cardio-pulmonary resistance;
– Stimulates blood circulation;
– It helps to maintain a stable blood pressure;
– Reduced risk of cardiovascular disease;
– Develop most muscle groups (more than two thirds of the entire muscular surface);
– Strengthens the joint ligaments, avoiding possible damage;
– Improves body posture;
– Develop flexibility;
– Relieve tensions;
– Generates good feelings, positive emotions;
– Help improve anxiety and relieve the symptoms of depression;
– Relax the tone of excess accumulated during the day;
– Stimulates growth and physical and mental development;
– Improves psychomotor development.