The liver performs several functions in the human body. A healthy liver is essential for optimal digestive health and an adequate metabolism. The liver also keeps the immune system healthy, eliminates toxins and stores several vital nutrients that the body needs. It also produces bile that aids in digestion.
Without a healthy liver, the human body can deteriorate rapidly. Liver diseases cause many other problems, since the liver supports almost all parts of the body in one way or another.
Liver diseases can be caused by viruses. These are called hepatitis A, hepatitis B and hepatitis C. Other types of liver diseases can be due to cancer, genetics or excessive consumption of alcohol or drugs. Hemochromatosis is hereditary and cirrhosis is due to the formation of scar tissue. Jaundice also has many underlying causes, such as blood diseases, other liver disorders, infections or use of medications.
The lethargy, heartburn, loss of appetite and upper abdominal pain and yellowish skin are some of the first signs of a liver disorder.
Causes of liver diseases.
Hepatic disorders can be due to many reasons, such as infections, hereditary problems, cancer, abnormalities in the immune system, alcohol abuse and excess fats in the liver.
• Virus infections disseminated through body fluids. If a healthy person comes into contact with infected semen or blood, the result could be hepatitis (A, B or C) depending on the viral infection.
• Cancer may be in the liver or bile duct. Then there is also the hepatic adenoma, which is caused by the high levels of estrogen in the body.
• The defective gene that is transmitted through one or both parents can cause liver damage and cause problems such as Wilson's disease and hemochromatosis.
• Primary sclerosing cholangitis and also autoimmune hepatitis are liver problems that arise due to failures in the immune system.
Home remedies for a healthy liver.
Garlic is a wonderful food that helps in many health disorders, including those of the liver. Because of its high selenium content, garlic helps cleanse the liver. Garlic detoxifies the body and helps activate liver enzymes.
– Consume garlic cloves on an empty stomach to get the most benefit from this healthy meal.
– Include garlic in meals, although the consumption of raw garlic is more beneficial.
• Indian gooseberry or amla, lemon and grapefruit
The high content of vitamin C in limes and limes, amla, grapefruit and all citrus fruits detoxifies the body and helps liver functions.
– Drink lemon juice with warm water to keep the liver healthy.
– Eat a citrus fruit a day.
– Masticate pieces of amla throughout the day or grate this berry to include it in fresh salads, lentil dishes, yogurt or salty pancakes.
Fresh papaya can help with liver cirrhosis. Papaya seeds also make a useful home remedy in this condition.
– Eat fresh papaya for breakfast every day. This can be a good healthy habit for a lifetime.
– Consume papaya juice mixed with lemon juice for a very effective remedy for cirrhosis.
– Extract juice of papaya seeds and have it with lemon juice.
The antiseptic and antioxidant properties of turmeric help maintain good liver health.
– Consume turmeric with milk or honey.
– Use it both in cooked meals and daily.
• Milk thistle
This herb is a good natural remedy for good liver health. It also helps in the treatment of cirrhosis and also in hepatitis infections.
– Prepare tea from crushed milk thistle seeds and drink daily to maintain a healthy liver.
– Consume milk powder thistle every day after meals.
• Green tea and other concoctions.
Green tea, licorice tea and dandelion root tea are effective natural remedies for liver problems.
– Prepare the concoctions made of green tea or powder of dandelion root or powdered licorice root and drink it several times a day until the liver functions improve.
– Include these as part of your daily diet.
This high-fat food helps in the production of glutathione, which helps the liver detoxify the body.
– Eat the fruit as a snack or take out the fruit to use in salads.
– Use as a flavoring in desserts.
The pectin in apples helps to release toxins from the digestive tract, which reduces the workload of the liver.
– Eat apple after dinner or drink juice at least 2-3 times a week for good liver health.
– Use apples in salads and desserts to increase their consumption.
• Cruciferous vegetables
Cauliflower and broccoli help in the production of enzymes in the liver. These enzymes are necessary to eliminate carcinogens from the body and thus reduce the risk of liver cancer.
– Eat raw or broccoli broccoli.
– Eat lightly cooked cauliflower seasoned with turmeric and mustard seeds.
• Other changes in diet and lifestyle.
– Consume olive oil or linseed oil sparingly.
– Reduce the intake of wheat flour and refined foods.
– Eat vegetables such as cabbage, carrots, beets and fresh green leafy vegetables.
– Drink whey and citrus juices.
– Drink enough water.
– Avoid alcohol and cigarettes.
– Exercise and stay physically active.
Source: https://www.medindia.net/homeremedies/healthy-liver.asp by Rakhee Maloo
You May Also Like:
- home remedies to get acrylic nails off
- home remedies to get pregnant
- home remedies to remove skin tags