What is the itchy skin?
Skin itch, also known as pruritus, is an uncomfortable skin irritation that makes you want to scratch the affected area to relieve the itching sensation. Itching is a common problem among everyone and can cause rashes or other conditions. The main causes of itching range from dry skin, insect bites, skin lesions, internal diseases such as liver or kidney disease to skin rashes and allergies.
Common causes of itchy skin
The following are the common causes of itchy skin:
• Skin lesions
• Dry Skin
• Internal diseases.
• The pregnancy
• Insect bites or stings
• Lack of hygiene
Home remedies for itchy skin
Apple cider vinegar is an effective antiseptic agent that helps to relieve dry and itchy skin. Rub a cotton ball in the vinegar and apply it to the itchy area, this will help the itching go away.
Aloe Vera works wonders to treat itchy skin. Simply cut a piece of aloe vera and rub the gel on the affected skin. This helps relieve irritation and swelling of the skin.
The basil leaves contain a substance called eugenol, which is a very effective topical anesthetic. Boil some basil leaves in a tea, let them cool, then use a cotton ball and apply them on the part of the itch.
Peppermint is another herb that has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties that are used to eliminate itching. This can be applied in the same way as basil in the itching area when necessary.
Oatmeal is another remedy that is used for the dry itching of the skin, since it helps moisturize the skin. Mix the oatmeal with water and apply the mixture on the irritated skin, let stand for 10-15 minutes and then rinse with cold water. Repeat this remedy until the itching stops.
Essential oils such as chamomile oil, clove oil, lavender oil, neem oil, etc., are some of the best essential oils to treat itchy skin. You can add a few drops of any essential oil to the bath water or apply it directly to the skin.
Lemon is a rich source of vitamin C, has whitening properties and is a very effective home remedy to treat itchy skin. Cut a lemon and squeeze the juice, then apply directly on the itchy part to relieve skin irritation.
Coconut oil can work wonders to treat dry or itchy skin. You can apply coconut oil directly on the affected area. You can also soak it in warm water and then dry it and apply oil everywhere to help improve irritated skin.
Tips for healthy skin
The following are some tips to keep your skin healthy:
• Excessive exposure to sunlight can cause tanning or wrinkling. Therefore, use sunscreen every day, even if you are indoors to prevent skin damage.
• The lack of water content in the body can cause skin inflammation, spots, aging, dehydration, etc. Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day to keep your skin hydrated and plump.
• Cleaning helps remove excess dirt, opens clogged pores and removes contaminants from the skin. Massage your skin gently for about 20 minutes with a skin care product that suits your skin.
• Eat healthy foods that are rich in vitamins and minerals such as spinach, salmon, almonds, berries, etc. It strengthens your immune system and also improves the texture or quality of your skin.
• Exfoliation of the skin removes dirt and helps reduce the appearance of wrinkles. Help It promotes the skin renewal process, making the skin healthy and fresh. Therefore, exfoliate your skin daily to improve the overall texture of the skin.
Source: https://www.medindia.net/homeremedies/itchy-skin.asp by Lari Warjri
You May Also Like: