A common symptom today, when the computer has become a necessity of modern society, is eye fatigue, often accompanied by tearing or difficulty reading. If it is not associated with some objective evidence, it is not serious and is mainly due to prolonged work with the computer, perhaps the lack of correction for glasses and a neglected refractive defect, or in other cases, frequent fatigue and stress.
Ocular fatigue has several forms of expression: from mild vision problems to severe difficulties in reading and tearing, redness, burning or other non-specific symptoms, often difficult to describe objectively, although the ocular discomfort is real.
<img class = "http://yowessehat.ml/" size-full wp-image-932 aligncenter title = "http://yowessehat.ml/" remedies for ocular fatigue src = "http://yowessehat.ml / "http: alt =" http://yowessehat.ml/ "sizes =" http://yowessehat.ml/ "height =" http://yowessehat.ml/ "width =" http://yowessehat.ml / ">
The common causes that create eye fatigue are:
– Refractive uncorrected: the patient clearly needs eyeglasses but does not use them, or uses glasses inadequate diopters not prescribed by the specialist. In addition, incorrect assembly of the glasses can strain the eyes, appearing as eye fatigue;
– It is known that long hours of work with the computer, especially without adequate eye protection, is one of the most common causes of eye fatigue;
– Dry eye syndrome, commonly observed after the age of 35-40 years, especially in women, can cause a feeling of "tired eyes", sometimes irritated and red;
– General disorders, such as migraine with vascular cause, hypocalcemia and other endocrine disorders, stress and nervous tension, can be one of the symptoms of ocular fatigue;
There is no specific treatment for this condition. Therefore, the remedy is, first, to eliminate the causes that cause it:
– Presentation to an ophthalmologist, making and using appropriate lenses, as appropriate, for people who do not want to wear glasses, there is the option to replace glasses with contact lenses, or treat the condition by surgery;
– Regular interruption of work by repeated breaks, even if they are short, with specific protective goggles for computer use;
– The use of adjuvant drops, such as artificial tears, are found in various forms, such as drops or gel, with or without preservatives, with or without vitamins or other protective substances. Its use is beneficial in any situation of eye fatigue, for a long time in the polluted state of the atmosphere, eye irritation caused by air currents, it is well tolerated and does not present adverse reactions. Therefore, adjuvant drops can be used very often, without having a limit for daily administration;
Although the fulfillment of these recommendations (especially those related to the computer) seems a utopia in the current days, it is even important an attempt to eliminate the possible factors of the daily stressors. A balanced lifestyle weighted with healthy eating and practicing sports can significantly reduce body fatigue and, consequently, eye fatigue.
Eye fatigue: a symptom of modern lifestyle, source of the article: https://www.brighthealing.com/eye-fatigue-a-symptom-of-modern-lifestyle/
You May Also Like:
- eye fatigue a symptom of modern lifestyle meaning
- eye fatigue a symptom of modern family
- eye fatigue and floaters