DASH diet to lower blood pressure
Filed in: Nutrition.
The healthy DASH diet plan was developed to lower blood pressure without medication in an investigation sponsored by the US National Institutes of Health. UU
The nutritional plan recommended by doctors:
– Consumption of fruits, vegetables and low-fat dairy products;
– Give up foods rich in saturated fats, cholesterol;
– Introduction of whole grains in the diet, fish, poultry, seeds, nuts and peanuts;
– A diet rich in foods that contain magnesium, potassium and calcium.
Read Also Raw food recipes - How to eat hemp seeds
– A portion of vegetables at lunch and dinner;
– A serving of fruits (which can be considered part of a main meal or snack). You can eat both fresh fruits, dried fruits and fruit compotes;
– The consumption of butter, margarine or salad dressing will be reduced by half. Use only low-fat or fat-free ingredients;
– The consumption of meat will be limited to 200 grams per day.
– In the daily diet you must introduce large amounts of vegetables, rice, pasta and beans;
– Consume dairy products (especially milk), three times a day;
– Instead of typical sandwiches (French fries, etc.) choose unsalted pretzels, nuts, raisins, Graham, low-fat yogurt, popcorn and raw vegetables;
– Opt for foods that are low in sodium, according to the nutritional information on their labels.
DASH diet in everyday life:
Read Also What to eat at work? - Good habits of healthy eating at work