We tell you more about how cinnamon or dalchini help your health.
Cinnamon is a spice that is everyone's favorite. The sweet taste it imparts to everything that is added is unique! We Indians love to add it to desserts. biriyanis and many mughlai graffiti. However, not many people know the wonderful health benefits that it has.
1. Help maintain diabetes Under control: According to a study published in the Diary of diabetes care Cinnamon was a highly effective remedy against diabetes, especially type 2 diabetes. The study indicated that the spice has the ability to improve a person's glucose and lipid levels by activating their insulin receptors It also reduces total serum glucose, triglycerides and the total cholesterol of a person, since it stimulates the systems of enzymes that regulate the metabolism of carbohydrates. Cinnamon also has amazing vasodilative properties that help to overcome the risk of cardiovascular disease – A common condition that is observed in diabetics. (Read: Home remedies for diabetes.)
Tip: cinnamon tea is one of the most beneficial methods to fight diabetes. To make the tea, boil the cinnamon in water for 15 minutes. The water will turn brown, filter the liquid and drink. To add flavor you can add some leaves of tulsi While boiling and add a spoonful of honey to give it sweetness. Keep drinking this tea throughout the day. There's more here Health benefits of tulsi.
2. It can help delay the onset of Alzheimer's disease: a study conducted in the University of Tel Aviv  He found that cinnamon extract, when administered daily to Alzheimer's patients, improves its longevity and improves the locomotor defects they experience once they have the disease. Cinnamon extract, also known as CEppt, inhibits tau aggregation (tau is a type of protein that is added around the part of the nerves responsible for transmitting brain impulses) and filament formation (a process believed to it is due to the accumulation of tau protein) which in turn protects the brain from the onset of Alzheimer's disease and can also help slow the progression of the disease. (Read: Alzheimer's disease: it's more common than you think)
Tip: To help protect yourself from diseases, take a teaspoon of freshly ground cinnamon with a little honey. Have this every day on an empty stomach. If you find this mixture too spicy, try drinking it as tea. Are here More benefits for the health of honey.
3. Help protect you from Cancer: In a study conducted by the USDA (Department of Agriculture of the United States), it was found that cinnamon extract was a powerful weapon against leukemia and lymphomas. The study found that the extract worked by blocking the pathway of certain components that were important for cell regeneration, inhabiting the multiplication of cancer cells and slowly reducing their spread. He also found that the greater the amount of extract, the better the results will be. Surprisingly, the extract only inhibited the growth of unhealthy cells and left the healthy cells untouched, unlike conventional therapies such as chemotherapy, etc. (Read: Can herbal remedies defeat cancer?)
Tip: Add cinnamon to your daily diet either sprinkled on your food or with honey.
4. Relieves arthritic pain: cinnamon contains a compound known as cinnamomum, which has very strong antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that make it an excellent home remedy for arthritic pain. Its natural heating mechanism provides additional relief to aching joints. Read more about How exercise can help you prevent arthritic pain
Tip: grind the cinnamon until you get a fine paste with water and apply over the painful joints. You can place a soft muslin cloth on the paste to keep the paste moist longer.
5. Aid in digestion: cinnamon contains manganese ore, fiber, essential oils and calcium. Calcium and fiber combine with bile salts and help transport them out of the body. Essential oils, help regulate the action of gastric juices in food, improve digestion, assimilation and their anti-inflammatory properties help reduce inflammation caused by indigestion, irritable bowel syndrome and ulcers. In addition, fiber content helps relieve constipation and diarrhea. (Read: 10 home remedies for constipation)
Tip: To relieve an upset stomach, get informed with cinnamon tea infused with mint leaves two to three times a day.
6. Help with weight loss: cinnamon has excellent digestive properties, helps with weight loss by regulating the breakdown of carbohydrates and the production and use of insulin by the body. It also helps improve digestion and assimilation of food within the body, helping one to lose weight. (Read: Herbs to lose weight.)
Tip: drink cinnamon tea with a teaspoon of honey Every day, half an hour before breakfast. Alternatively, you can add cinnamon powder to your food by sprinkling it on your salad, coffee or other foods.
7. help to beat acne: Cinnamon is a common spice and flavoring agent, but the essential oil it contains also has strong antimicrobial properties. The water activity of honey is very low and this means that it does not contain much moisture that can promote the growth of microorganisms. Considering that pimples often arise from an infection in the pores of the skin, the combination of cinnamon with honey is an effective remedy. (Read: Herbal remedies to get rid of pimples.)
Tip: Crush a little cinnamon and add a little honey to make a paste. Now apply it on the grain and let it rest a few minutes. You can leave it on during the night also for an additional benefit. Wash the paste with warm water and watch the pimple disappear.
8. Helps relieve cold and cough: known for its antibiotic and body warming properties, cinnamon is a formidable remedy against cold and cough. Not only does it help relieve congestion that is commonly experienced with a cold, it is also excellent for sore throat when combined with ginger. tulsi and honey. Are here Most natural remedies for coughs and cold.
Tip: Boil a small piece of crushed ginger, a few leaves of tulsi leaves, Ground black pepper in two cups of water. Cover the container with a lid and let the mixture simmer. When the solution has simmered for about ten minutes, strain the liquid, add a teaspoon of honey and drink. It should be hot. This solution will not only soothe the sore throat, it will also clear the blocked nasal passage and sinuses.
9. Beats heart disease Y atherosclerosis: Full of fiber and calcium, cinnamon is ideal for the heart. Since fiber and calcium help transport bile salts out of the body, the body produces more bile salts for other bodily functions by breaking down cholesterol. This translates directly into lower cholesterol levels that protect the heart from the blockages and arteries of atherosclerosis. Read more about Ways to use cinnamon to keep the heart healthy.
Tip: Take a teaspoon of cinnamon powder every day on an empty stomach. You can add honey or drink it with warm water.
10. Combat dental caries: cinnamon oil is known for its antibacterial properties. It is essentially good for the teeth and gums. Cinnamon not only overcomes tooth decay but also helps prevent gingivitis and bad breath. Here is more information on How can dental caries be prevented?
Tip: If you suffer from bad breath, gargle with water infused with cinnamon (cinnamon boiled in water). For toothache and gingivitis, chew a small piece of cinnamon to get some relief.
Finally, do what you can with it, but adding the exact amount of cinnamon is the best thing you can do for your body.
It is important to remember that these are only home remedies for diseases. Be sure to visit your doctor if you have a serious illness or if symptoms persist.
Reference: https://www.thehealthsite.com/diseases-conditions/health-benefits-of-cinnamon-dalchini/, By Pavitra Sampath