This gives a new meaning to the phrase "food poisoning". Discover 8 additives that can be found in most aisles of supermarkets that you may be eating and do not even know.
1. Artificial food coloring: it makes your food beautiful and inhibits the development of nerve cells.
Found in: Practically everything we eat: mixes for cakes, sports drinks, cheese, sweets and even MACARONI AND CHEESE.
Why it is dangerous: The artificial dyes are made of chemicals derived from PETROLEUM, which is also used to produce gasoline, diesel, asphalt and tar. Artificial dyes have been linked to brain cancer, the deterioration of nerve cells and hyperactivity, just to mention a few.
Where it is prohibited: Norway, Finland, Austria, France and the United Kingdom.
2. Olestra (or olean): reduces the calorie count while causing the depletion of vitamins and anal loss.
Found in: Fat-free potato chips, corn chips and potato chips.
Why it is dangerous: Created by Procter & Gamble as a substitute for cooking oil, Olestra robs your body of its ability to absorb vitamins. Funny side effects include cramping and leaky bowels.
Where it is prohibited: The United Kingdom and Canada.
3. Brominated vegetable oil: it causes the dye to adhere to the liquid, but it can also cause birth defects and important organ damage.
It is found in: sports drinks and citrus-flavored soft drinks.
Why it is dangerous: Bromine is a chemical that is used to keep CARPETS FROM HAVING FIRE, so you can see why drinking it may not be the best idea. The BVO is related to the important damage of the organic system, birth defects, growth problems, schizophrenia and hearing loss.
Where it is prohibited: In more than 100 countries.
4. Potassium bromate (or brominated flour): ideal for impatient bakers, bad for the kidneys and nervous system.
You are in: Wraps, rolls, breadcrumbs, muffin chips, flat breads.
Why it is dangerous: Derived from the same harmful chemical as brominated vegetable oil, brominated flour is used to reduce cooking time and reduce costs. The only problem is that it is related to kidney damage, cancer and nervous system damage.
Where it is prohibited: Europe, Canada and China.
5. Azodicarbonamide: whitens flour, plastic and induces asthma as an additional advantage.
Found in: Breads, frozen dinners, mixes of boxed pasta and packaged baked goods.
Why it is dangerous: It is used to whiten both flour and FOAMED PLASTIC (yoga mats and the soles of sneakers), it is known that azodicarbonamide induces asthma.
Where it is prohibited: Australia, the USA and most European countries.
6. BHA and BHT: waxy preservatives related to cancer and tumors.
Found in: Cereals, mixed nuts, chewing gum, butter, meat, dehydrated potatoes.
Why it is dangerous: Used to prevent food from becoming rancid, it is known that butylated hydroxyanisole (BHA) and butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT) cause cancer in rats. And we are the following!
Where it is prohibited: The United Kingdom, Japan and many other European countries.
7. Synthetic growth hormones rBGH and rBST: harmful to cows and related to increased tumor development
Found in: Milk and dairy products
Why it is dangerous: Growth hormones are harmful to cows and people, and can cause infertility, weaken muscle growth and a variety of cancers.
Where it is prohibited: Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan and the EU.
8. Arsenic: Basically this will kill you slowly if you eat enough.
It is found in: poultry.
Why it is dangerous: Used in chicken feed to make meat look more rosy and fresh, arsenic is POISON, which will kill it if it ingests enough.
Where it is prohibited: The European Union.
Tell us in the comments below what food additives are on your no-go list.
Comments are closed here.You May Also Like: