Summer is not the only reason for you to have fresh mosambis. Here are the main reasons why you should not miss this fruit.
A perfect combination of sweet, juicy and sour, mosambi or sweet lime is a versatile summer fruit that can refresh you in no time. Whether you want to enjoy its pulpy flesh by chewing it slowly or choose to swallow a glass full of its yellow-green juice, Mosambi can never stop chasing away the exhaustion he feels after soaking himself in sweat. But this citrus fruit has much more to offer than a refreshing feeling. Here are 10 health benefits of mosambi or sweet lime that will surprise you.
1. Prevent and treat dehydration: Instead of resorting to carbonated drinks that do not give you more than belching and heartburn, drink mosambi juice when you are thirsty and dehydrated. Not only does it quench your thirst, it also provides essential minerals and vitamins that reduce the risk of complications from dehydration.
2. Increase immunity: Mosambi belongs to the family of citrus fruits. Its high content of vitamin C makes it a food that stimulates the immune system and keeps it away from the common cold and flu.
3. Protects against arthritis: Vitamin C It has been shown to have a protective effect against the damage caused by tissue inflammation. Therefore, mosambi can really help in conditions such as osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis where the body's immune cells cause inflammation of the tissues. It is also quite rich in folic acid that plays a role in supporting bone and joint health.
4. It can help in weight loss: All weight watchers who want to get in shape should include this fruit in their daily diet plan. Mosambi is an ideal snack that can take away your hunger, revitalize and satisfy you. A medium-sized mosambi gives you only around 86 calories. In addition, it provides a feeling of fullness due to its high water content and its pulpy nature.
5. Treat jaundice: Mosambi is a fruit that doctors always recommend to patients who suffer jaundice, a disease that affects liver function. That's because it gives a cooling effect that treats the symptoms of jaundice such as fever and vomiting. Mosambi is a light food, which facilitates digestion and also increases liver function.
6. Prevent scurvy: We all know that vitamin C deficiency can cause scurvy, a disease in which you suffer from swollen gums, chapped lips and flu. Mosambi, being rich in vitamin C helps prevent the condition. Approximately 100 g of mosambi contain 50 mg of vitamin C, which represents 60% of your recommended daily intake of vitamin C.
7. Protects against gastrointestinal problems.: Indigestion and constipation They are the two most common gastrointestinal problems that can be alleviated when eating fresh mosambis. The unique flavor of this fruit causes the stimulation of the salivary glands to secrete enzymes that make digestion easy and effective. In addition, they contain compounds called flavonoids that increase the levels of bile, certain stomach acids and digestive juices that help digestion. It also offers a good amount of potassium that helps relieve Diarrhea.
8. Cure peptic ulcers: Peptic ulcers can be extremely painful. They are sores that can develop along the lining of your stomach, upper intestine and may even affect the lining of your esophagus. The sweet lime, with a slightly acidic nature, makes the intestinal environment alkaline in nature, which reduces gastric acidity.
9. Fight cancer: Mosambi contains compounds called limonoids that are believed to fight different types of Cancer.
10 Increase hair and skin health: Mosambi is also very popular in the cosmetics industry. Mosambi extracts are used in many products to strengthen hair, treat split ends and dandruff. Its vitamin C content is one of the reasons why it is widely used in skin care products to impart radiant skin, improve skin tone, reduce acne and blemishes, and moisturize the skin.
You may also be interested in reading:
Go guavas – 10 reasons to eat this fruit! 10 health benefits of oranges (Gallery) 8 health benefits of becoming a vegetarian 10 health benefits of strawberries 11 health benefits of papayas 8 reasons why you should start eating pomegranates. 7 incredible health benefits of barley 10 reasons to eat an apple every day! (Gallery) 6 incredible health benefits of bitter gourd or karela 5 reasons to eat more potatoes or aaloo 6 reasons to eat the lady finger or bhindi
For more articles on healthy foods, check out our healthy food page. Follow us Facebook Y Twitter for all the latest updates! For free daily health tips, sign up for our informational page. And to join the discussions on health topics of your choice, visit our forum.
Reference: https://www.thehealthsite.com/fitness/10-health-benefits-of-mosambi-or-sweet-lime/, by Shraddha Rupavate